Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Easter Peeps Roasting on an Open Fire...




Yep, friends, these guys and their 8 peep pals did not stand a chance. It was not my idea. I supported it wholeheartedly, but it did not spring forth from my head or mouth.

They were also roasted during one of the best Easter days I've ever had. T and I went to Milwaukee to B's new house. B hid plastic eggs full of peep in the yard and I think something snapped as soon as she saw the firepit. Or maybe it was the drink...


The unusual bottle near the center is cachaca - a Brazilian liquor made from sugar cane which is compared to rum. Muddle a quartered lime with sugar til there's a measurable amount of juice in the bottom of the glass. Add an ounce and a half of cachaca and crushed ice and you have a caipirinha. We'd had a couple of these before the hunt. Soon after, the log was lit.


I think one of the best parts about this story is that right before we were finished eating, J and her husband came over. No one's ever met J's husband...he was like her invisible friend as far as we were concerned. Then we hit him with the peep sacrifice and I introduced them to Peep Research. Good impressions made by all!


1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Ah, great minds. My cousin didn't believe me when I said Peeps were great on the grill.